Thursday, July 11, 2013

TWO

I don't know when it happened, but suddenly my baby isn't a baby anymore! These last 2 years have gone by way too fast. Even though I hate how fast Asher is growing up, he is more fun than ever right now. Seriously, we just can't get enough of him.

Asher is so funny. He makes us laugh every single day. He is so playful. His favorite thing in the whole world is being chased around, especially by Tim. He also loves to "scare" us or pretend that Greyson is getting him.He loves dinosaurs, tractors, trains, and all kinds of trucks, basically anything you would expect a little boy to love. He always watches out the windows to see the tractors and trucks working outside on the houses being built in our neighborhood. He carries his little tractors and trains around the house all day long. He also loves to play outside and ride his tricycle or even just sit on the porch.

We are blown away all the time by how smart he is. Maybe we are just extra proud parents, but it's unbelievable how quickly he learns and the things he understands. He often speaks in sentences, understands and speaks more words than I can even keep track of, sings songs like abc's, popcorn popping, itsy bitsy spider and twinkle twinkle little star. He talks so cute, it makes me a little sad when he starts to pronounce words correctly instead of in his cute baby talk.

My favorite thing about Asher is how sweet and loving he is. He is always willing to give hugs and kisses and will even say I love you. Sometimes he will just walk up to me and say "Kiss, Mommy" and give me a kiss and a big hug. He is great at saying please, thank you and excuse me. If Tim or I ever get hurt or seem upset he will always ask if we are okay and give us hugs. He is wonderful with Greyson. I never have to worry about Asher hurting Greyson (on purpose, at least, sometimes he loves him a little too much!). Although, Asher has tried to ride Greyson a few times but luckily we have been able to stop him before he actually does! He constantly tries to share his toys with Greyson, talk to him and kiss his head. I am confident that they will be great friends!

We have been so blessed to have Asher in our family. Even though he definitely has his 'two year old moments', we couldn't love him more. Even when he is being a handful or throwing a fit he's still pretty darn cute! We are so lucky and grateful to be his parents, he is one amazing little boy!



No comments: