Friday, July 19, 2013

Greyson: 2 months

Two months already! Greyson has been changing so much lately. I love that he is becoming more alert and interactive. Plus, he is getting so big! I took him in for his 2 month appointment yesterday and couldn't believe how much he has grown.

2 month stats
Weight: 12.35 lbs- 66th percentile
Length: 23.9 inches- 80th percentile
Head: 15.4 inches- 26th percentile

He has grown almost 4 inches since he was born and has gained over 4 pounds! I sure love the chub he is getting. He has the cutest chubby cheeks and double chin. He did great at the appointment and the dr said he seems to be perfectly healthy.

He still sleeps the majority of the time but is spending more and more time awake. He has started cooing and started smiling just a couple of days ago. He sure has made us work for those smiles but they are so cute and so worth it! Greyson has not always been the happiest baby since he seemed to have an uncomfortable tummy, but lately he has seemed so much better. He seems to be much more comfortable since we have switched formulas. Even though he is still a little extra fussy, it's wonderful that he is a little happier. It gives us more time to talk and play with him rather than spending all of his awake time trying to calm him.

I have been so lucky this time around. Greyson is a wonderful sleeper. I have only had to get up with him once a night almost every night since he was born. He sleeps until Asher wakes up in the morning. He would probably sleep later but Asher just won't let him :) I have not had one single night where he doesn't go back to sleep easily after eating. He also can already put himself to sleep from time to time if we lay him down drowsy. I'm pretty confident that he will sleep through the night before too long. He still sleeps in our room in the bassinet, which I love. It breaks my heart to think about moving him into his own room. I love having him so close all of the time. Soon he will be too big for the bassinet though and we won't have a choice but to move him to the crib. Hopefully he will last in there another month or so. I need more time to prepare myself for the big move!

Since about a week after he was born we have been pretty positive Greyson has torticollis, just like Asher did. He always turns his head to the right and has a tilt. I can also feel the tight spot in his neck.  I took him to a physical therapy evaluation just before his 2 month well check and it was confirmed. Since we already recognized it and know what to do to take care of it we started working on it before he was even diagnosed. We have been constantly repositioning his head and the way we hold him and were already doing some stretches. I have not been as diligent with the stretches  as I could have been but now we are really working on it consistently hoping we can resolve the issue in just a couple of months. Also, I am hoping that we can avoid anything more than a normal flat spot since we have already been repositioning his head since birth. The physical therapist did measure a slight flat spot at his appointment but it's nothing to be concerned about at this point, I really can't even see it. I have been wearing Greyson whenever I can rather than laying him down so that should make things a little easier. We are going to continue with physical therapy and hope the issue is non existent in just a few months.

We are so happy that Greyson is healthy and growing. He has been such a blessing and joy to. There is no doubt that he was meant for our family. Now that he is here I can't imagine our lives without him. We love our handsome little man!

These are just some photos I took with my phone today :)





No comments: