Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Poor Car

Notice anything missing from this picture?



Maybe this will help...




That's right. My mirror is gone.

Last week I was on my way to work one morning. I was driving down Riverdale Road, which is a mess right now with construction. So I'm just driving along through the lanes that they made with those orange cones. Then, before I know it, I see a cone flying away from my car and realized what I had done. I hit the cone with my mirror and it was hanging by a wire. It was pretty embarrassing I have to say. I had to drive around for a day with the mirror barely hanging on and scratching the side a little. When I went to have it looked at they were able to at least take it off so it wouldn't bang up my car. It's still not fixed yet though but I do plan on doing that soon. The worst part of the story is what I did just days before that. This time I was pulling into the parking garage at work, (I had already survived RIverdale Road). I was getting ready to scan my badge so the bar would lift when I hit the pole wih guess what.... My driver side mirror. This time the mirror didn't come off though. It just broke the cover for the blinker on that mirror.Now, I have had my car for three years and up until now it has been pretty much perfect. Then within a week i have taken out both of my mirrors! So if anyone knows any good repair shops it looks like they will get a lot of business from me.
Here is what my driver side mirror looks like.

2 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

You forgot to mention this happened just a few days after having lasic! Oh how I laughed when you told me. Sorry still Steph, it is still pretty funny though.
Thanks for coming over tonight. It was fun even though we just made cake. Hunter cried and cried when you left. He sure loves his "Aunt Teph"
P.S. Maybe one day you'll comment on my blog!

+ Heather + said...

You're poor car! We have matching cars, cept my is black!! Hi Steph!! I'm so glad I found you on here! I havent seen you since we were little brats running around the neighborhood!! It looks like you're doing really great! I'm glad to see that!!