Thursday, October 2, 2008

Goodbye Glasses...

So three weeks ago today I was FINALLY able to do something that I have been waiting SO long for... That's right... Lasik! I guess I should clarify and say that I actually had PRK. It's the same basic concept just the procedure is a little different. Also, with lasik you can see well pretty much immediately. With PRK it takes 3 to 5 weeks til you actually see well. It was better right away, just not perfect, and in the last few weeks it has improved a ton. The other difference between PRK and lasik is the recovery. WIth lasik there's not really much pain and you can get back to your life really quickly. With me, it was a little different. I had to take pain medication for about 5 days and was sleeping 80% of the time because I couldn't really do anything else. So you are probably wondering, why have PRK instead of lasik if it's all that trouble? I didn't really have a choice. With my prescription and a few other factors lasik just wasn't a good option for me. I am so glad I did it though and couldn't be happier with it! it's so nice to not have to put in contacts every morning or have glasses that just get in the way! It is definitely worth all the trouble! I also have to say thank you to everyone in my family who was so supportive and helpful! I especially so grateful for TIm who took care of my constantly while I really couldn't do anything, I love you! Oh, and I got to wear these super cool goggles whenever i slept (remember that was 80% of the time) for a whole week!

This was just a few hours after my surgery

No comments: