Friday, September 2, 2011

So Proud!

I am one proud mama these days, I am also one lucky mama. Asher has been sleeping through the night for the last 5 nights in a row!! It has been fabulous. I feel like a whole new woman after getting a full nights sleep. He has been sleeping from about 9pm to 7am. He still wakes up a couple of times as it gets closer to the morning but he is happy to take his pacifier and go right back to sleep. It makes me feel like he is really starting to get big now that he can make it through the night. I still cross my fingers each night though that it will last! If he continues through the end of the week then we are going to try and move him into his crib in his own room. I am still very torn about this decision. I love having him right next to us all night and it makes it easy to give him his binky so he can go back to sleep. He is getting to be too big for his bassinet though and he will probably sleep better in his own room, I will just miss him so much! I know a lot of moms have a hard time sleeping with their baby next to them making noises all night but I do not feel that way at all. I feel so much better having him so close and I don't think I will get any sleep the first night without him there. I guess I have to let go sometime though!

My cute Asher also rolled over last week! I'm still not sure if it was a fluke or the real thing though. He did it twice in a row the same day but he has not done it since. It was pretty cute although he did not seem to like it. He cried as soon as it happened (especially the second time). He does not particularly enjoy tummy time though so it is hard to get him to stay there long enough to try again. I did get the second one I video, it is so cute I have watched it like 50 times. We also got a cute little laugh from him the other day but we are still waiting for it to happen some more. It was pretty much the cutest sound I have ever heard! He is "talking" all the time now. My favorite thing to do is just sit and talk to him and he will coo right back. He sits in his bumbo now and does so good in there! I try to put him in there whenever he is awake and I'm not holding him (which I guess isn't a ton...). It is supposed to be good for babies with torticollis because it helps them build neck strength. He doesn't seem to mind it at all. He will sit in there and watch me clean and make dinner and doesn't complain at all. He also LOVES to suck on his hands lately. He has always liked his hands, but apparently I had no idea how much he really could! He sucks on them whenever he can. It is actually pretty cute and it makes it less dramatic when he drops the pacifier. I don't mind the hands so much but whenever he gets his thumb in there I try to pull it out and give him his pacifier. I would much rather have him want the pacifier than be a thumb sucker, I can't throw away his thumbs!

Tim and I sure got lucky to have such a special boy!


No comments: