Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2 months!

Asher had his 2 month birthday on Sunday. He is getting so big and I love it! We had his 2 month appointment yesterday and it went great. He had to get 3 shots and he took it like a champ! He cried during the shots but calmed down once I picked him up and was asleep by the time we made it out to the car. I really can't believe how big he has gotten. He is even bigger than I expected, these are his 2 month stats:

Weight: 11 lbs, 10 oz- 49th percentile
Height: 23 1/2 inches- 75th percentile
Head: 15 inches- 21st percentile

How did we end up with such a big kid? I'll never know! He is sure filling out and is cuter than ever. It seems he is still dealing with some acid reflux and spits up all the time. Our dr recommended switching to soy formula so we will see if that helps. She said it would be best to avoid medicine if we can, it does not seem to be painful for him so medicine probably wouldn't do much anyway. He also has a minor case of something called torticollis. It basically is like he was born with a kink in his neck that he cannot get rid of. He tilts his head to the right and is more comfortable looking in that direction. He also always sleeps with his face to the right, no matter how we put him down he always ends up that way. We have some neck stretches we have to do with him everyday to try and correct it. Luckily, he does not have it severely so we should definitely be able to fix it with the stretches. We have a lot of motivation to do the stretches because if we don't he could end up needing physical therapy or even a helmet! I am determined not to let that happen! It should hopefully be fixed within about 2 months from the stretches.

My favorite thing about Asher getting older so far has been all the smiling! He started smiling at about 6 1/2 weeks and it is so fun! We cannot get enough of his cute smiles. He is especially smiley when he wakes up in the morning but he is smiling more and more everyday. He seems to think tongues are pretty funny so we are always making funny faces with our tongues sticking out. He coos all the time and I love the "conversations". He is starting like his swing more all the time and it is getting easier to put him in it when he is awake instead of only napping in it. He also loves his mobile over his crib. He is still sleeping in our room but sometimes I put him in his crib just so he can watch his mobile, he now smiles at it whenever I turn it on. He is spending more time awake everyday so we have a lot of time to play. He is sleeping longer at night as well, he can go for about 5 1/2 hours before waking up to eat. Unfortunately, that doesn't always mean much more sleep for me since I usually go to bed about 3 hours after him but we are starting to get on more of a schedule lately so that is helping.

As for me and Tim, we are just enjoying being parents and learning more about our little guy everyday. I have been lucky enough to be home with Asher everyday. I also love living by my sister, Ashley, because she makes sure I do not sit in my house all the time! Asher is sure going to love his cousins, he is lucky enough to spend a lot of time with them. They are so sweet to him!

Tim and I went on our first "date" over the weekend and had a good time. We finally saw Harry Potter, which I loved! Tim's parents were kind enough to babysit for us while we were at the movie. I had a little bit of a hard time leaving him for so long but he was in good hands!

Here are a few photos of our sweet Asher from the last few weeks

Smiling big for Daddy (my favorite picture ever!)


He likes to stick his tongue out



Hanging out with Mommy


He likes to watch the mobile on his swing

Sitting in his "Asher" chair...

... it didn't last very long

Napping, looks like it's time to move to the crib, he barely fits anymore!

Asher and I went to Silver Lake with Ashley, Hunter and Brinley. This is how much fun Asher had.


Just finished his bottle before bedtime, doesn't he look relaxed?

2 comments:

Kyle N Aimee said...

He is such a cutie pie! Boys are so much fun even though they get to be handfuls!!! So glad to hear things are going well. You are so lucky to be able to stay home! It is so fun to be with them as they grow! What blessings we are given as parents!

Ashley and Devan said...

I love all of the pictures. He has grown and changed so much in the last two months. I am so glad you guys live by us because I love getting to see him all the time. Sure love little Asher Boy!