Saturday, June 18, 2011

Waiting...

39 weeks & 4 days

That is about all I am doing these days. Just waiting for this baby to get here. With my due date only 3 days away we are definitely ready. Up until now I thought he would for sure be early but he sure seems to be taking his time. I have made enough progress that I am surprised he is not here already. At my last appointment on Thursday I was dialated to a 4 and 80% effaced. To me that means I should be in labor by now but apparently not! It seems as though my doctor is set on making me go on my own too. I have been having contractions a little bit but they have mostly been in my back and they have not really been very regular. On Thursday night I was having contractions for a few hours but they never really got closer together and once I decided to go to bed they stopped, since then there really hasn't been much else going on. I have officially started my maternity leave now so I have had the last few days off. It has been nice to have some time to relax but I wasn't planning on having this much time even!

So even though I have had some time to relax I have not been sitting around too much. I have been trying to stay active to help get this baby out. My sister and Tim have both been walking with me so I have been able to go on some nice long walks everyday. Yesterday my sister and I were so determined we went on a super long walk up some big hills. It ended up being more of a hike than a walk really, which if it had worked would have been well worth it but no baby yet so I'm not so sure! We have also tried rubbing my feet hoping that would put me into labor but I guess he is just not ready yet!
During our "hike" yesterday

Ashley

2 comments:

+ Heather + said...

Are you serious Steph!? I'm pretty sure you are the cutest preggo girl I have ever seen!! I can't wait to see pics of your little guy! Do you have a name picked, or is it a secret? ;) Hope your labor and delivery go well!!

Love, Heather

Rachael said...

You look so cute. I can't wait to see pictures of him when he does finally make his grand entrance. Good luck!!! I hope everything goes well for you two.

P.S. I love Ashley's mormon girl tan lines. lol