Monday, January 31, 2011

20 Weeks!


So we had our big ultrasound a few days ago and it was so cool! I loved being able to see every bit of him and he is perfect! Everything was just as it should be and he is right on schedule. Oh, and he is definitely still a he! That was one thing he was not shy about at all! I was a little disappointed because our ultrasound was not 3D like I thought it would be but that's okay, it was still so neat. He wasn't very cooperative in giving us a good profile/face shot but we did get a couple at the very end.
He is moving like crazy now and I love it. At about 18 weeks and 1 day Tim was able to feel him move and we could start seeing his little kicks. I love that he is moving so much now and that Tim can feel him, it makes it feel so much more real. It also makes me get even more excited for him to be here, even though I am only halfway there. I don't know how I can wait all the way til June!
Unfortunately, I learned yesterday that 20 weeks pregnant and the flu make a BAD combo. I was feeling a little off yesterday morning and once I got home from church I got in bed and was there the entire rest of the day. By 7:30 I was vomiting and miserable. I was up pretty much the whole night sick and not able to even sleep. Luckily, it didn't last too long. I have been feeling mostly better today, thank goodness. I have had the entire weekend off of work and I have to go back tomorrow so I definitely cannot be sick. I can't believe I had made it through the entire first half of my pregnancy without throwing up once, which I was very proud of, and then get the flu. It has been no fun!
We are so happy that our little guy is doing great. We were thrilled at our appointment to find out how well he is doing. We love him so much already!

2 comments:

Amy Lyne said...

Aw, so fun! Sorry you were sick though, that is the worst! I don't think I can wait til June either :)

Mom said...

I am so excited to meet him too! I know that you and Tim are going to be amazing parents. I love you all very much! I am glad that you are feeling better!