Tuesday, January 18, 2011

18 weeks


I can't believe I am already 18 weeks along. It has already gone by so fast, but still not fast enough. I just want my little guy to be here already. So far, I can't complain too much about being pregnant. In fact, I'm sure just about anyone would say I have had it pretty easy. I had morning sickness pretty consistently (all day, everyday) until about 12 weeks but since then I have been feeling pretty good. I am still super tired, and end up falling asleep in front of the tv and sleeping til almost noon more than I would like to admit, but I can't say that never happened before either.

The BEST thing so far has been feeling him move around. I started feeling flutters at about 15 1/2 weeks. It was just a few here and there but just in the last few days they have turned into little kicks and jabs. I love that I have little reminders that he is doing okay in there. It helps me to be less paranoid about not knowing how he is between doctor visits.

Our "big" ultrasound is in about a week and a half and I am super excited/anxious for it. I can't wait to see how much he has grown and make sure that everything is developing the way it should be. Also, it will be nice to confirm that he is still a he. The doctor was pretty confident that we are having a boy but I would definitely like to double check just in case! Before we found out we were having a boy I was 100% sure that it was a girl. I have always wanted a girl and pictured myself having girls. I was like "there is no need to even have the dr check, I know it's a girl!"I knew I would be happy either way but once we found out it was a boy, I was thrilled. Even though I may not get all the cute bows and dresses like I thought, I could not be more excited. I have been able to get excited about all the fun boy things and start planning his nursery.

I am so grateful to have this amazing experience. No matter how sick/tired/uncomfortable I feel I am just so lucky to be getting ready to have our little boy here with us. Tim has been so great the whole time. He cleans up the house, makes my lunches before I go to work, helps with dinner, rubs my back whenever I need it. He even helps me put on my socks when I can't quite reach that far comfortably :) I love that he is so excited and how much he already loves our little baby. He has not really been able to feel the baby move yet but I am sure he will really soon. So far, I love being pregnant. I hope that lasts the whole time :) This little jacket is the only thing I have bought so far and I love it. I can't wait til warmer weather clothes come out so I can get more for him!

3 comments:

The Kusuda's said...

pretty sure you are the cutest pregnant girl ever! congrats!!!!

MELISSA'S BLOG said...

Oh my gosh you look so cute, I am so excited for you. That jacket is way cute. That is the best part to buy the little clothes!

T said...

Steph.. Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you and you look absolutely adorable!!!