Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Maui and Girls Camp!!

So we have had a busy couple of weeks recently... and it has been SO much fun! First of all, we went to MAUI!! Thanks to my wonderful in-laws. They took to us along on a fabulous vacation. It was so nice to get away for a week. Tim and I had not been on a vacation in like 2 years. Our hotel was right on the beach. We spent a lot of time at the pool, walking along the beach and relaxing. We also did some cool hiking through a bamboo forest. I seriously can't thank my in-laws enough, it was amazing!

At the hotel pool


Beach right by the hotel

Iao Needle


Pool area at our hotel



Blow hole




Hiking the bamboo forest



Waterfall at the top of the hike





Black sand beach

Best Vacation Ever!!




Then, last week I went to girls camp. It was such a neat experience. I came home filthy, exhausted and missing my husband but it was a lot of fun. I am so glad that I got to go. When I was called as the assistant camp director a few months ago I was a little nervous but everything turned out great. I think it helped that I am already a young women adviser so I already know all of my girls and they are wonderful. They are all such good examples to me and I LOVE being a YW adviser. My testimony has been strengthened so much in the last year and a half and girls camp helped it to grow even more.
We also had a great speaker while we were there, Richard Paul Evans . He is the author of the Christmas Box and the founder of the Christmas Box House for abused and neglected children who are being placed in Foster Care. We found out a few months ago that each ward had to make a quilt but we were not told why. We were told on our last night at camp that they would be going to the children at the Christmas Box House and I am so glad that is where they are going. I have a special place in my heart for the Christmas Box House after being able to do a lot with them in high school and in college to help the kids.
Camp was a great experience and I hope I have the opportunity to go again someday!!

3 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

I wish I would get called to YW, it seems so fun. Your Maui pics are so cool.

Rachael said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. :)

Amy Lyne said...

Yay for pictures of Maui! I'm glad you guys finally got a vacation, you definitely deserved the break! I'm glad you survived girl's camp as well!