Thursday, June 21, 2012

Twelve

12 month stats-
Weight: 22lbs 8oz -46th percentile
Height: 30 inches- 59th percentile
Head: 17.9 inches- 25th percentile

My baby turned one today. Where did the last year go? I swear we were just at the hospital, in awe of our perfect new baby. This year has flown by so quickly, I hope they don't all go this fast. I want Asher to stay little for a while longer :) He is at such a fun age right now. We can't get enough of him. We are always still in awe of how much we love him and how perfect he is to us. Don't get me wrong, he can be quite the handful, but we love him even more for it. 

He keeps us laughing all day long. He is super playful, and oh so very curious. He is into EVERYTHING. And when I say everything, I mean everything. I'm pretty sure his perfect day would involve pulling everything out of every kitchen drawer/cupboard he can access (which he does on a daily basis) then pulling all of the clothes out of his dresser, emptying the diaper bag, and of course, the bathroom cupboards, unrolling the toilet paper and paper towel rolls, and all the while he'd be eating graham crackers. Lol, I wish I could say I'm exaggerating, but he does a number of these things each day within a matter of minutes. Perhaps we just need to be better at baby proofing :) He is one busy boy.

He is walking all over the place these days. It's probably 50/50 between walking and crawling. He's so cute when he stands right up and starts walking around. He gets so excited for himself each time he does it, too. He dances to the music his toys play and loves when we dance along with him. He repeats things we say a lot, especially things like "yay", "uh oh" and "uh uh uh". He'll hold our phones and his toy phone to his ear and he tries to brush his hair. He will "sing along" when we sing to him. He loves to throw things on the floor over and over again, and thinks it's hilarious if we ever drop things. Some of his favorite things are playing outside, looking at books and Tim chasing him around.

Apparently being a great eater was only temporary. He is back to being a bit of a picky eater, especially when he's grumpy. He'll often love something one day and then refuse it the next. However, he is down to 2 bottles a day and almost off of formula completely, thank heavens. He is really liking milk but I'm worried it may be a little hard on his tummy so we're trying to take it slow. He has 5 teeth and likes to eat like a big boy. Sometimes he'll refuse food when I break it up for him but he'll eat it if he can hold it himself and take bites. A little while ago my mom bought him some of these squeezable pouches that have apple sauce and other pureed fruits and veggies and he LOVES them. He grins every time I pull one out and always wants more.

He is doing pretty well with new people these days unless it's a big group of people, then he gets overwhelmed easily. He's a little reserved when others are around and needs a few minutes to warm up when he go new places. Funny how he's already like Tim and I in that way.

As much as I wish Asher could stay little forever, we love to watch him grow. It's the best feeling when we see him learn something new, or when he's so proud of himself for accomplishing something. We love you so much Asher boy and can't wait to see what the next year brings!

Love that cute smile!

"Talking" on the phone :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Asher is such a beautiful child and so much fun to be around. Stephanie and Tim,you are so cute with him. Happy Birthday Asher, I love you!